Know more about LTA. (Leave Travel Allowance)
- Published on February 6, 2018
- You can get LTA exemption twice in a block of four years. It should be a part of your CTC and you need to take leave for minimum 5 working days and Exemption is allowed for only two travels within a block of four years.
- You need to submit Boarding pass, air tickets, taxi vouchers, train tickets for LTA exemption.
- You can get the exemption for self, spouse and children. Only travel expenses will be considered for claming exemption.
- In case of road trip, The AC first class rail fare by shortest route or the amount actually spent on travel, whichever is less is exempt from tax.
- The current 9th block is from 01.01.2018 to 31.03.2021.
Can I get LTA deduction if only my family travels ?
Claiming LTA exemption, you as an employee should travel with the family.